Alright, so this weekend I've been slowly making some progress!
Here are some production shots so you can see my whole working method.
Originally, I was animating the entire film frame by frame...because I'm crazy. But then, after talking to my Prof., I decided to do puppet animation instead. I sketch out the keys that I need in red and then go over the lines with a new, cleaner turquoise layer named "sketch 2". Later on, I'll add an "ink" layer on top of that, where I'll finalize the image entirely.
Once the "ink" layer is finished, I then break down each of the images into individual puppet parts. (Head, hands, torso, etc.) It's a lot of layers, but it definitely helps save time when you're doing some subtle animation. The bride and the groom's heads here, for instance, are actually adjusted puppet heads, so I can easily add some squash and stretch without having to draw a completely new frame.
This is the scene I'm working on currently, which explains the jumbled mess. I've finished animating the bride for the most part, but I'm still tweaking the groom. (I don't like his face here...ha ha!) As you can see, I later delete the initial sketch layer and just work with "sketch 2" and "ink" in order to make sure I'm still on the right track. Oh, and the little image in the corner is a color test I did last week. I always import it into the scene I'm working on, so that I can guarantee my colors will remain consistent.
So there! Here's the source of my lack of sleep!
YOU BETTER ENJOY.