Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jumping Puppet

Alright kids, it's time for another flash exercise post! This time around, we had to create a "puppet" with a tiff image that the Prof. provided us with. The character was ugly as sin, but I dealt with it for the sake of the project.




I didn't even bother using motion paths on this one. Some of my other classmates were, and the whole process seemed more of a headache than needed. Instead, I just continued adding keys to the piece until I liked the result. Nothing special.




The next jump I had a little too much fun with. At first, I wasn't even sure of what kind of character I was going to use, but then I was struck with an idea at 4am! Cotton Candy Sheep. It's just crazy enough to work! Ha ha!

I spent more time than necessary on the background, and I still don't really like it, but I'm very happy with my candy sheep. He lives in a land of wonder and goodness, next to the springs of everlasting joy and the beyond the valley of awesome. He was animated practically the same way as the ugly clown...aand that's where the similarities end. If I ever re-animated this (which I most likely won't)...I'd give the poor thing spine, neck, and knee joints...he was really awkward to work with without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment