Friday, January 30, 2009

Dialogue

This project was a complete pain in the butt! Even so, I've completely bonded with my character on some strange level. I drew her completely on a whim. She is supposed to be very VERY loosely based on what's-her-face from Beetlejuice (Because that is where the quote is from) , but I was too lazy to look up a proper reference. Nonetheless, the randomness of her design has kind of grown on me. For now, anyway...




Blogger's compression is making this lag in strange places. It looked fine just as a normal avi...gah. I better figure out how to upload a decent movie or else my final is going to look like a complete load of shiza.

For the record, absolutely hate the switching mouths process. Maybe I was going about it the wrong way...but it all looks very "poppy" to me. A part of me died a little inside while doing this dialogue, because the method is completely different from traditional or even proper 3D animation. If I were to do this project again, I'd probably add some more "in between" mouth shapes so the animation would look more fluid? There's got to be a way to make flash look like a smooth, proper animation! There's just got to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment